Haden Hall -NOW SOLD OUT
334 Halesowen Road, Cradley Heath, West Midlands, B64 7JU
Saturday 23rd May 2015
21:00 to 02:00
This night will be a night to remember with previous visits to this location proving very active. Will you be brave enough for a lone vigil in the dark dank cellars or perhaps experience the spirit of the children on the first floor bedroom ?.
The original family home was Haden Hall, now under restoration, (located next to Haden Hill House) In 1877 when George Alfred Haden Haden-Best inherited the estate from his uncle he originally intended to demolish Haden Hall and extend Haden Hill house, but his elderly Aunt, widow of his uncle lived in the hall, and by the time she died in 1903, he had lost the will to enlarge Haden Hill House, so the two buildings remained side by side.
Haden Hill House attached to the hall was built in 1878 by George Alfred Haden Haden-Best. It was a modern residence worthy of his status. He was given permission to build a dwelling on a hill in Rowley, which later became known as Haden Hill.
George Alfred lived in Haden Hill House with two local girls, Emily Bryant and Alice Cockin, who became his adopted daughters. They were the children of local families, and he took them into his home and bought them up as his own. They were given an upper class lifestyle, and Emily remained with Mr Best until his death in 1921. Alice married John Shaw, a local doctor, and they lived in Haden Hall for a while.
Following the death of George Alfred in 1921 the Victorian building and estate, including 55 acres (223,000 m2) of land, Haden Hill House and Haden Hall, was bought for £8,500 by public subscription for use as a park for the local community. The title deeds were handed to Rowley Regis Urban District Council on 14 October 1922, and the park was then open for public use.
GHOSTS OF HADEN HALL
Haden Hill Hall, House and Park are all reputed to contain ghosts with several sightings and "experiences" reported.
The wooded area towards the lower of the park is sometimes referred to as Nursery Wood, this is associated with the sightings of the ghost of Eleanor, a beautiful young woman in her mid-ages lived at Hayseech Mill. The tragic story of Eleanor's love for a monk from Halesowen is reputedly based on fact.
The parents of Eleanor and the Abbot of the abbey tried to prevent the lovers from being together but they both escaped, using a secret passage. However they were later caught and following his capture the Monk was walled up alive in the passage. Down the centuries the ghost of Eleanor has supposedly been seen gliding through the wood searching for her lost love.
Also haunting Haden Old Hall is the ghost of Annie Eliza (1790-1876) who lived alone. Reports say she never married nor had children. She turned out to be the last of the Haden’s in the direct family line. There are many EVPs (Electronic Voice Phenomena) of a female spirit captured in the Tudor part of the house. Questions are asked if this is the ghost of Annie Eliza trying to communicate.
There are parts of the original hall that you will know you are not alone, be prepared for the mother and children who seem incapable of finding each other and spend eternity on an endless loop of searching. The children often interact with visitors to the hall.
Our trained mediums will be on site to assist you in this hunt in what can only be described as a most intriguing paranormal location. The night includes
- Vigils in the dark
- Glass Divination
- Table Tipping
- Ouija Board experience
- Readings from our resident mediums
- Light refreshments
- Guided vigil in the grounds
- Use of all ghost hunting equipment
- The White Noise Experiment
Guests are asked to make sure they wrap up warm and please bring a torch with them. The hall is cold and we will spend part of the night in the adjoining gardens and parkland.